Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Project - Animated Caricature

Yesterday I finally send the first concept with moodboard for my graduating exam. Not everything is fixed until now but I think it is a good start. When I'm back from South Korea I will go on.

Subject: Conflict between North and South Korea
Graphical Solution: 3D Animation (stereoscopic) / Animated caricature / Sequence of 10 - 20 short episodes (15 - 30 sec.) + Bumper
Style: 30's Mickey Mouse / 40's Popeye / Cartoon

Example Scene:
At the beginning of each episode the viewer stands inside the bureau of Kim Jong Il. While he is attending to his daily challenge creating the most absurd strategy to take over South Korea at first and after that the whole world a counselor enters his bureau. But before Kim Jong Il can finish presenting his strategy the counselor informs him about current circumstances of which his plan could fail finally. Dispairingly Kim Jong Il calls out for war to not loose even more time.

Goal:
Basis will be the caricature. I will use it in moving image which will caricature Kim Jong Il in a comic excessive view. The goal is to criticize the political situation and the social terms of North Korea by observing and pointing out fundamental mistakes and defects. Language will only be used in korean and Kim Jong Il will get identifiable facial features, body language or clothes so that the pictured character is easily to identify as Kim Jong Il. To communicate the message as simple and clear as possible is of prime importance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sebastian Schneider

I am a 25 year old Art + Crossmedia Design student from Germany, currently based in Enschede, Netherland. My work ranges from different kinds of media, but my passion lies in interactive design and animation using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D.

Currently, I am going to prepare for graduating in summer next year.
My project will be about the conflict between North and South Korea. Basis for that will be the caricature which I will use as an animation in 3D. In the end there will be a sequence of 10 - 20 short episodes which will caricature Kim Jong Il in a comic excessive view criticizing the political situation and the social terms of North Korea.