Monday, September 6, 2010

Hot and Dry

Last days we arrived in Busan at the southern seaside of South Korea. That's the place where Yoon's parents are living and it is also Yoon's place of birth. It feels like holiday here especially because today was one of the hottest days of the year and of course that day we have been chosen for visiting a very old traditional temple somewhere in the mountains outside from Busan. At first we traveled with Yoon's aunt, uncle and her cousin to a village which is very closed to the temple and at least as traditional as the temple itself. From there on we went to the temple where I had my first Buddhistic experience praying to Buddha. We finished the day with a typical korean barbecue. The first moment it was a bit disgusting eating raw beef as an appetizer but it tastes much better than expected.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sebastian Schneider

I am a 25 year old Art + Crossmedia Design student from Germany, currently based in Enschede, Netherland. My work ranges from different kinds of media, but my passion lies in interactive design and animation using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D.

Currently, I am going to prepare for graduating in summer next year.
My project will be about the conflict between North and South Korea. Basis for that will be the caricature which I will use as an animation in 3D. In the end there will be a sequence of 10 - 20 short episodes which will caricature Kim Jong Il in a comic excessive view criticizing the political situation and the social terms of North Korea.